“In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust;
I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.” —Psalm 56:4
Because the phrase “Fear God Not Gov” may evoke certain preconceived notions or undesirable connotations (in addition to triggering certain silent alarms in the ethersphere) let’s get started by clearing the slate on a few important details:
- This is not an anti-government website. FearGodNotGov does not promote or endorse anarchy, activism, or violence against authority, regardless of what any church leader, organization, or Christian leader may teach. While we acknowledge and defend Constitutional rights as given by law, we maintain that Christian responsibilities supersede and take preeminence over human reason. We rely solely and exclusively upon the Word of God for guidance and direction in all matters: moral, spiritual, and political (1 Peter 2:13-23).
- FearGodNotGov is unapologetically and exclusively a pro-Truth website: “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth” (John 17:17). As such, FearGodNotGov will both encourage and exercise the freedom, right, and responsibility to pursue and promote “the whole truth and nothing but the truth” regardless of social or regulatory consequence. In other words, if the Bible is one day censored speech (as it is becoming even now), FearGodNotGov will continue to advance biblical truth, while endeavoring to remain in a spirit of love and meekness (Gal. 6:1, Col 3:12, 1 Tim 6:11, 2 Tim 2:25, Tit 3:2, Jas 1;21, Jas 3:13, 1 Pet 3:15).
- There are no sacred cows to protect here. But we do adhere to a sacred book: God’s Holy Word—which we recognize as the only Divine resource for living which is absolutely authoritative, inspired/inerrant, and superbly sufficient to explain not only the state of our souls, but also the State of the Union—how we got to where we are today, and where the world is going from here. We believe that only the Bible accurately portrays the future of planet earth, and establishes mankind’s only eternal hope: (2 Peter 3:1-18).
- The views expressed by FearGodNotGov are not affiliated with any specific denomination, organization, or corporation that seeks to advance its particular religious and political views. Rather, our aim is to adhere to and advance application of the Word of God in all matters: “For we have not followed cunningly devised fables…. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost” (2 Peter 1:16a, 20-21). “Private interpretation” simply means that no one has a monopoly on Truth, and that God’s Word is not a “mystery” that requires a degree (or some special anointing) to magically supply “keys to the kingdom” for the masses.
- Though it may come as a shock to some, we have no grand illusions to “restore America,” either to its Constitutional heritage, or to its alleged Christian roots. Throughout the life of this website and media ministry, we will periodically expound on this theme—encouraging readers to re-examine the roots of Christian Nationalism and encouraging believers to adopt a biblical view of patriotism which looks for “a better, that is, a heavenly country” (Hebrews 11:13-16).
Upon reading this statement, some Christian Patriots may ask, “Then what possible good, pray tell, is FearGodNotGov doing? And why should readers concern themselves with yet another information stream in a world already inundated with commentary?” Fair questions. Here is an outline of some practical purposes in response:
- FearGodNotGov endeavors to evaluate and explain national and world news and events in light of God’s Word and Bible prophecy (“I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure” —Isaiah 46:10).
- We will examine not only secular news and events, but also spiritual and religious trends, particularly as they impact/affect the professing body of Christ—otherwise known as Christians: “Prove [test] all things; hold fast that which is good.” (Thessalonians 5:21); “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20). FearGodNotGov recognizes that the foremost “sign of the times” is spiritual deception; therefore, it takes special care in reproving and exposing the unfruitful works of darkness in the light of God’s Holy Word (Ephesians 5:11).
- Our commentary is directed at cutting through spiritual confusion and political chicanery in our increasingly chaotic times, always exhorting the reader not to temporal solutions, but to an eternal and biblical perspective: “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee” (Isaiah 26:3).
- FearGodNotGov also seeks to reduce the natural response to “fight or flight” when it comes to spiritual and political threats to our beloved “peace and prosperity.” Instead, we advocate a balanced, biblical response—one that is neither anger-inciting nor anxiety-inducing. In other words, we have little tolerance for those who engage in fear-mongering in the Body of Christ in order to raise funds or “draw away disciples” in order to “make merchandise” of them. (Acts 20:30, 2 peter 2:3). In fact, one of our key objectives in exposing falsehood and deception is to exhort all believers to adopt an eternal perspective to national and world affairs, resulting in a re-prioritizing of spiritual and material values that results in Christians who are actively seeking to “redeem the time, for the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:16).
- While we have no intentions of getting caught up in the media circus surrounding the 2016 Presidential Election and its aftermath, we’ll do our best to provide periodic and relevant commentary as it pertains to helping readers cope with biblical hope throughout the next presidential administration. “And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding” (Daniel 2:21).
- FearGodNotGov is not fatalistic nor pessimistic; but rather, prophetically realistic. We seek to exhort Bible believers to understand the times (Matthew 16:2-4, 1 Chronicles 12:32a) and to prepare a biblical response when it comes to addressing encroaching tyranny, inevitable oppression, and certain persecution in the perilous times to come. (See also Matthew 5:11, 44; John 15:20, Romans 12:14, Revelation 2:10).
Some of the relevant topics we’ll cover include Bible Prophecy and the Last Days, Satan’s Kingdom and the Rise of Antichrist, The United States and the New World Order, False Flag Operations as Political Leverage with a Predetermined Outcome, Preparing for the Pre-Rapture Tribulation (as well as the Pre-Tribulation Rapture), Living for Christ in a Post-Christian Nation, and Preparing the Church for Perilous Times—a Balanced Biblical Perspective.
For as long as the Lord guides, provides, and tarries in his return, these and other topics will be addressed in the days, weeks, and months ahead—We hope you will bookmark this site, subscribe for updates, and help spread the Word of Truth, encouraging Bible believers to Fear God, Not Gov!